Taking excellent photos is a must! A photo is the first thing the director sees when picking you for a job. Therefore you want to make sure your photos are well lit and you are looking and feeling your best! Most clients like to see what you look like in your current state with how your hair looks now! You don’t need an expensive camera to take these photos. A camera phone and adequate lighting will do! These simple tips can help you take good quality photos!
- Make sure to take your photo against a plain wall (preferably white, gray or tan) with no distractions in the background
- Standing in front of a window can help you utilize natural lighting.
- Wear minimal makeup
- Submit a variety of shots
- No logos or anything on your shirt that could be a distraction. Plain solid colors work best
- You should be the only one in the photo, that way the client knows who is submitting!
- Don’t wear sunglasses, hats or any other accessories that distract from you. We want to see your beautiful self!
- No filters! Yes filters can make you feel prettier but you are stunning and don’t need a filter, we want to see the real you!